Client: Marine Company
Make: MAK Germany
Standard Diameter (C.R Pin): 380mm.
Standard Diameter (Main Journal): 410mm.
- Undersize 0.5mm from standard. (All 8 no’s C.R pins)
- Polishing of all 10 no’s Main Journals.
Final Size of all 8 no’s C.R pins: 379.48 to 379.50 mm. – Ovality Maintained 0.02mm against the permissible limit of 0.05mm.
Surface Finish after Grinding: 0.13 to 0.19 Ra.
MPA POWER team visited the site after receipt of confirmation of onsite grinding of the crankshaft. The Pre- Inspection observation:
- Calibration of Crank Pin and found ovality on higher side and deep bearing line marks.
- Main Journal also having bearing line mark and rough surface finish.
- Check deflection of crankshaft and observed within limit.
- Magnetic particle test for crack detection. No crack has been observed.
- Hardness checked and noted.